Push notifications are now live in Libby, providing a new way to connect with your reads.
Users can choose which notifications they’d like to receive from the Libby menu under Manage Notifications, including:
- When a hold becomes available
- When a loan is about to expire
- When a loan has expired
- After swiping a push notification, a user will be taken to their Reading Journey for that title, which displays any previous interactions and activity the user had with that book (notes, highlights, time read, etc.).
- Users on devices that don’t support push notifications (or where they’re disabled) can opt to receive notifications via email or in the Libby menu.
- Along with a new Manage Notifications section, we’ve refreshed and simplified the Libby menu.
Notifications are device-specific, so users can set their notification preferences for each device they use Libby on.